Thursday, March 27, 2008

Skopje, Macedonia - birthplace of Mother Theresa!


And another post from a short trip to Skopje, Macedonia:





This is downtown Skopje. It's a small city - and we were there for all of Sunday so everything was sadly closed.




Mother Theresa's monument






of course. =)




the stone bridge that connects modern Skopje to its more traditional sector. The most interesting thing about Skopje is that it's in the process of becoming westernized. But the people there reminded me a little bit of Cleveland-ers. Maybe they're just more quiet than the Greeks, or maybe it's cuz it was a Sunday, but the morale seemed pretty low in this city.




They had an amazing park though!

This was what the non-modernized side of Skopje looked like.

-In just a week and a half, i maayy be going scuba diving!!! I've wanted to go my whole life, so this is a huge deal. =)
-I'm gonna try to take some shots of the house-church I've been attending.
-I can't believe it's almost the end of March already!!! That's crazy.
-I have an international relations quiz in a little bit, and i've studied poli ligo (very little) so i'm off to prepare!!

No comments: