Thursday, March 27, 2008

Food. The city of Veria, Greece.

Sorry for the delaaayyyed update - i tried, then gave up, then tried, and gave up, and now I have all I need for a substantial update with corresponding pictures. [working internet and pictures that have been transferred from my camera to my computer.] =D



as promised: huge spits




just a single bakery shot. they're EVERYWHERE!




Just an hour north of Thessaloniki is the small town of Veria - so we took a day trip to this city where Paul preached. There was a huge marble alter dedicated to him, but I thought this piece of scripture at the entrance was pretttyyy cool to see.




Mick? It's part of apostle Paul's alter


One of the churches there had AMAZING pictures on the ceilings detailing Jesus's life. They were really really cool to see - but this was the only clear shot I got. I think it's Jesus's transfiguration when He met with Moses and Elijah.

1 comment:

hannah said...

YAY~!!! dude, i KNOW how many pictures you have so i expect tons and tons of more posting!! =) sorry about the toothbrush...