Thursday, February 28, 2008

weather inches upward

sometimes it feels like the desert here: warm and sunny as can be in the afternoon, then :freezing: at night!! I'm never quite sure how I should dress.

I think vacationing is starting soon - yay!!!

Today is also the beginning of Mardi Gras and it is a SERIOUS holiday here. People eat meat up the wazoo so I'll be getting in on the local festivities. My roommate and I are planning on making togas out of our bedsheets. =) [something i've always wanted to do!]

So some crazy things that have happened:
1. Was running on the track, and met this random person that is actually a tourist agent of some sort...but we got to talking about religion, and he's coming to the house-church I go to this Saturday! (if you could remember that in prayer, i know God will listen.)
2. hahahaha i swear, there was more, but i'm drawing a blank right now.

My roommate and I have this list of restaraunts we need to try, and last week we chose the chinese rest. It was incredibly disappointing. I'm missing Korean food too. My only solution is the sriracha sauce my dad convinced me to bring (THANK GOODNESS!). It accompanies my every meal. =)

fyi: i wish i could go to the benefit dinner JUST for the raffles.

3 comments:

hannah said...

WOW... that's awesome about the random dude. =) AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Mick said...

you should've asked me before you left. i have a full size, semi-authentic roman toga.

(although, the greeks work tunics rather than togas. i mean, i'm sure they picked up on the 'latest fashion' after the romans conquered them, but originally... boring tunics.)

Joyce Oh said...

hahahaha mick, i have many questions for you.