Thursday, June 5, 2008

Roma

I'm back in the states! It's very very weird. Most of me feels like my entire overseas experience was one big dream...so I'm happy to continue posting about the cities I went to, just to remind myself that I really was there.

Roma...
The night I got to Rome was spent on the airport floor. With little sleep I wasn't too enthused to venture into the city, but it was completely worth it. My favorite part was probably walking through The Forum, where the ancient Romans used to live, gather, chat, etc... I was trying to imagine what it might've been like to be Roman in Byzantium, which is what movies like Gladiator are good for! hahaha. But really, maybe it's like being American now. I wouldn't have realized it before, but it is truly a blessing to 1. have a US passport 2. speak english 3. live in america. We can do just about anything with those three things. The Spanish Steps were also beaauutiful.
Spanish steps!
a building in The Forum


Having fun in Augustus's house



the colosseum!
We also saw many many squares [i can't remember all their names], ate goood gelato, saw the pope through his window!, went to the sistine chapel and St. Peter's Bassilica, had an amazing cannoli from a great shop [i don't think any cannoli i have for the rest of my life will compare], stood inside the amazing pantheon, and squeezed between the crowds to see the trevi fountain.
i'd say..go during the LOW SEASON. the many many tourists were not a huge plus, but still, it was great! ANNND we had amazing weather.

1 comment: