Friday, May 30, 2008

Paris

pah-rrreee!!!! It was great great great. I love it when I go to see a very touristy thing that has been very touristically hyped and right when I see it I think "ohhh...so THAT'S why people make such a big deal about it."

This happened TWICE in France. 1st - Eiffel Tower. 2nd - Garden of Versailles.
List of things done would include...

Notre Dame: An organist was playing so it was GREAT to hear music literally reverberating in that space, but it seemed like he/she was a child just banging at the keys so that was kinda weird...outside
organ pipes inside

Louvre: just the outside. And also the underside.

Jardin des Tuileries: our first exposure to vast amounts of roads lined with trees. Paris makes me want a driveway lined with trees. It is truly beautiful.
Avenue de Champs- Élysées: Hannah made a purchase at Louis Vuitton for her relatives. I thought that made our Paris experience pretty complete. This is the kiosk right outside the store. For some reason that I can't remember, I thought it was more interesting.
Arc de'Triumphe: we stopped in the middle of the street to take a picture with it. People were so mesmerized with us two asians that ALL THE TRAFFIC stopped just so we could take a picture!!!! [completely joking. =) there was a divider separating traffic that was perfect for tourists]
Obelisk: I don't really know....obviously something Egyptian! [no picture..]

Eiffel Tower: day AND night.



Versailles: I didn't go into the palace, the gardens were enough para mi! If you have a bike, you can make it through the entire garden in a day. I was on foot and had no hope of seeing all of it in half a day, but it was GREAT!!! The area next to the palace was extremely masculine and grand, but Marie-Antoinette's Petit Trianon was much more subdued. I've fallen in love with gardens.

The Orangerie

The road leading to Le Petit Trianon. [which was not petit at all.]

and. again. we had amazing weather!!! Looking at all these pictures, Paris was definitely one of my favorites.

i have 2 finals and a paper due today! this was my break. tiiime to work!
only 1 week left. CRAZY.

2 comments:

choe890 said...

i liked ur video. :D and paris looks amazing ... see you soon bobae unni! miss u lots!

hannah said...

america soo soon!!! =)